Shillong Teer” is a popular traditional archery-based lottery game played in the Indian state of Meghalaya, particularly in its capital city, Shillong. The game has gained a significant following and is known for its unique format, which combines archery with a form of betting. Here are the key aspects of Shillong Teer:
1. Archery-Based Game: Shillong Teer is essentially an archery game where archers shoot arrows at a target. The game is played at a specific location, often referred to as the “Teer counter” or “Teer shooting range,” where participants gather to watch and bet on the outcomes.
2. Two Rounds: Shillong Teer is typically played in two rounds each day, except for Sundays and holidays. The first round is known as the “First Round,” and the second round is called the “Second Round.”
3. Target Setup: A circular wooden target, often made of bamboo, is placed at a specified distance from the archers. The target consists of multiple concentric circles, and participants place bets on the number of arrows that will hit the target in each round.
4. Betting: Participants place bets on numbers ranging from 0 to 99 based on their predictions of how many arrows will hit the target in each round. For example, if someone places a bet on the number 35 and three arrows hit the target in a round, they win if at least one arrow hits the target’s circle marked with the number 35.
5. Results: After each round, the results are determined by counting the number of arrows that have hit the target. The last two digits of the total number of arrows hitting the target are considered the winning result. For instance, if 213 arrows hit the target in a round, the winning result is “13.”
6. Payouts: Payouts are based Shillong Teer Ending Number on the odds associated with each number. The odds can vary, and participants receive winnings based on their bets if their chosen number matches the winning result for the round.
7. Cultural Tradition: Shillong Teer has cultural significance in Meghalaya and has been a part of the local tradition for many years. It is a social and recreational activity that also serves as a form of entertainment and a source of income for some individuals.
It’s important to note that Shillong Teer operates within a specific legal framework and under the supervision of local authorities in Meghalaya. The game has its own rules and regulations, and participants are advised to adhere to them while enjoying the game.
Shillong Teer has garnered interest from people both within and outside Meghalaya due to its unique blend of archery and betting, and it continues to be a distinctive cultural attraction in the region.